The purpose of the Patients’ Charter is to explain both your Rights and Responsibilities, as a patient of Canossa Hospital (Caritas). Knowing and understanding your rights and responsibilities will make your relationship with health care providers a mutually beneficial one and enhances the effectiveness of the health care process.
- The right to receive medical advice and treatment which fully meets the currently accepted standards of care and quality
- The right of information about what health care services are available, and what charges are involved.
- The right to be given a clear description of your medical condition, with diagnosis, prognosis and of the treatment proposed including common risks and appropriate alternatives.
- The right to know the names of any medication to be prescribed, and its normal actions and potential side effects.
- The right of access to medical information which relates to your condition and treatment.
- The right to accept or refuse any medication, investigation or treatment, and to be informed of the likely consequences of doing so.
- The right to a second medical opinion
- The right to have your privacy, dignity and religious and cultural beliefs respected.
- The right to have information relating to your medical condition kept confidential
- The right to make a complaint through channels provided for this purpose by the Canossa Hospital, and to have any complaint dealt with promptly and fairly
- Give your health care providers as much information as you can about your present health, past illnesses, any allergies and any other relevant details
- Follow the prescribed and agreed treatment plan, and conscientiously comply with the instructions given
- Show consideration for the rights of other patients and health care providers, by following the hospital rules concerning patient conduct
- Ask your health care providers whenever you have any queries
- Should consult your insurance company about the coverage of your payment
- Should not ask health care providers to provide incorrect information, receipts or certificates
- Should not waste medical resources unnecessarily
For suggestions/complaints regarding our hospital services, please contact Nursing Officer on duty or call Customer Service Manager at 28255850